Welcome To Trekking in Israel
This project is a non profit website that is given to you by expert trekkers that love their country. You will find here several long treks in Israel with detailed explanations and everything a trekker wants to know about trekking in Israel. Take your time and plan a wonderful tour to our diverse and beautiful country. We will be very happy to help. Feel free to write us!
Trek safely and have a great time – Trekking in Israel!!!
Want to start Trekking? Here are some treks in Israel that we are proud to show to you step by step…
We are 2 medical students graduates. Studied in the “Ben-Gurion University of the Negev”. It is a large, young University that is located in the city of Be’er Sheva, 1.5 hours drive south of Tel-Aviv and Jerusalem.
Omer Mor – I am 33 years old, born and raised in Israel. My main hobby is trekking and I have traveled in many places around the world including South-America (Chile, Argentine, Bolivia, Peru and Ecudaor), Europe (Switzerland, Slovenia, Italy, Croatia), Africa (Tanzania – Kilimanjaro) and of course Israel up and down. I decided to create the website after trekking with many paper guides. I know exactly how experienced trekkers think and plan their trip and have a lot of experience myself in that area.
Uri Rozen – While hitch-hiking and hiking in Iceland in the summer of 2010 I figured out there’s no reason for all these nice Germans, French and dutch people who picked me up with their car not to come trek in Israel. Most of them have visited Israel at least ones, loved it, but couldn’t find any reasonable info about trekking. Being a hiking guide for youth and educational hiking projects, I’d figured out I should combine my two love. When I came back to school I found Omer already thinking in the same direction and we joined our forces
I’m 30 years old, a dedicated outdoor junkie. Rock climbing, cycling, one-day hiking or hardcore trekking – you name it. It’s always a problem to combine studying and travelling, but we always find a way. I’ve traveled in Iceland for two months, south America for 6 months, and shorter periods in Jordan, Spain and Norway.
Adam Schrag – I’m currently a senior pursuing a degree in Creative Writing at Knox College in Galesburg, Illinois, with a minor in Anthropology/Sociology. I was born and raised in Israel for the first six years of my life, and have been back nearly every year since. I’ve always done a good amount of traveling with my family and friends, but when the opportunity to travel, trek, and write with Trekking in Israel presented itself, I couldn’t pass it up. Trips to various locations around both the U.S. and the rest of the world have been very exciting
and formative for me in a number of ways, and so I can’t wait to visit and explore many of the amazing places that Israel has to offer and share my thoughts and experiences with people from all over the world through writing and photographs.
Gabby Stein – I’m a 20 year old student studying Nutritional Science at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee. I’ve found that travelling has helped me learn about different cultures and ways of life around the world. Trekking In Israel has made it possible for me to learn about a new country in a different way than ever before. I also love to stay active and push myself physically, so trekking is a great way to do all of those things. Israel is the perfect country to learn about through trekking due to it’s geographical diversity in such a small area. I am delighted to help English speakers wanting to travel around Israel through my photos and posts.
IAbout the website
The website is created for trekkers who enjoy a long journey undertaken in foot in areas where common means of transport is generally not available. Another important aspect of the website is that it is totally free. We want people to come and discover Israel in a new way. We do it because We love this country and think it has a huge trekking potential. It is a great place to trek in, and yet, it is still virgin for trekkers who come from abroad. The website is designed so that anyone can enter for free and see all the information about every trek.
Why come to trek in Israel?
- It is relatively cheap to trek in Israel.
- The diversity of the treks is like no other in the world since Israel is a small country and has snowy mountains in the north, beaches in the west, desert in the south and green valleys and hills around the eastern part.
- The people in Israel are really friendly and warm.
- The history of this small “center of the world” that hosts the birthplace of Judaism and Christianity, Islam and the stories of the bible is seen in many of the treks and can be reached easily.
- It is very safe to travel. There are relatively no thefts and no terror threats in the treks offered in this website
- It is easy to travel. The transportation in easy, everybody speaks English. Israel is a very modern place and as such – has great hospitals, hotels, restaurants. It is also very clean.
- The climate is great for trekking almost year-round. During the summer it is great to travel in the north and Jerusalem area. During the winter, one can travel all over Israel.
- The diversity of the Israelis. One can find Jews, Muslim Arabs, Christians, Bedouin, Adyghe people, Druze and many more interesting cultures around Israel.
- It is small and in a relatively short time, one can see a lot of this great place.
- Nearby treks in nearby countries such as Jordan (Petra) and Turkey are reached easily.
- Additional activities such as diving in the Red Sea, bike trips around Israel, the Dead Sea, sea-sports and of course relaxing are available.
- Nightlife in Israel and especially in the main cities of Tel-Aviv and Jerusalem is considered to be wild and lively in every aspect
We very much encourage you to contact us from abroad and we wish to supply you the best and reliable information available.
Our – Facebook Dedicated Trekking Page:
Contact us via email: [email protected]